A dining room with all the exclusive dining furniture and cooked foods on it looks so gravy. But without the proper temperature control, you will not be able to take delicious meals comfortably. The best ceiling fan for dining room comes into play to give you and your guests the most required comfort while satisfying your hunger.
When choosing a ceiling fan for the dining room, you should consider the aesthetic appeal of the fan beside the other technical values. In this short review, we will help you choose the best one in its category.
- Hunter Bennett Indoor Ceiling Fan with LED Light and Remote Control, 52″, Brushed Nickel
- Minka Aire F844-DK, Light Wave 52″ Ceiling Fan with LED Light Kit in Distressed Koa Finish
- Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50197 Carmel 48″ Contemporary Ceiling Fan with Integrated Light Kit and Remote Control, Five Reversible Cimerron/Ironwood Blades, Bronze
- Monte Carlo 3MAVR60BK Maverick Energy Star 60” Outdoor Ceiling Fan with Remote Control, 3 Balsa Wood Blades, Black
- 7PM Vintage Caged Ceiling Fan with Lights Remote Control, 42 Inch Industrial Black Retractable Ceiling Fan, E26 Base, 6 Wind Speeds, Reversible Blades, Low Profile Ceiling Fan with Lights for Bedroom
- Honeywell Ceiling Fans Honeywell 50608-01 Xerxes Ceiling Fan with Remote Control, 62″ Blades, Brushed Nickel
- Hunter Cassius Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan with Pull Chain Control, 52″, Matte Black
It is essential to choose the best ceiling fan for dining room, otherwise, you will end up buying a fan that will not serve your purpose. In addition to the appearance of the fan, we can also look into other factors.
- Mounting System: Ceiling fans must have proper mounting positions. The high ceiling requires a long downrod.
- Installing Location: Since the fan will be used in the dining room, check if the fan can withstand kitchen heat – many times the kitchen is situated right after the dining room.
- Room Dimensions: When choosing the indoor ceiling fan size, consider the room size. Check our room size and the dimension guide of the fan you can use.
- Height of the Ceiling: The height is significant when deciding on the height of the downrod piece. You need at least seven feet of distance between the floor and your ceiling. The ceiling-floor distance also determines the length you need for the downrod when mounting the ceiling fan.
- Type of Control: Check whether the ceiling fan you want to buy has a pull chain model, remote controls, smartphones, and voice prompt. Depending on your budget, get a fan with the type of control that favors you.
- Number of Blades: Good air circulation requires that you go for the number of blades with a proper design. The angled positioning and the number of blades are what separate a noisy indoor ceiling fan from a quiet one.
Best Ceiling Fan For Dining Room Review and Comparison
The crystal-clear glass and contemporary design by Hunter have made the Hunter Bennett Indoor Ceiling Fan one of the best ceiling fans. With the proven experience of more than a century, this brand has created this fan that fits your home flawlessly with your interior. It includes a 13-degree blade pitch for ideal airflow and performance. WhisperWind reversible motor and pull chain feature along with a short downrod make the fan suitable for your interior comfort.
Features and Benefits:
- Design: The fan measures 52 x 52 x 18.82 inches with an elegant and contemporary design. The most appealing part is the LED light cover – clear glass. The blades have a brushed nickel finish.
- Reversible Fan Motor: Hunter Whisper Wind reversible motor technology delivers the best airflow and year-round comfort by changing the fan’s direction.
- LED Light Kit: The LED light is energy efficient and dimmable to suit your ambiance of the living space. The bulbs are long-lasting.
- Handheld Remote: You can adjust the brightness of the light and speed of the fan via the remote from anywhere in the room.
- Placement: The fan is intended for indoor use and it can be suitable for the dining room, living room, bedroom, and lounge with a standard ceiling height.
- The fan is easy to install and pretty quiet
- The remote is quite good at its operation
- The light provides the right amount of brightness
- Mediocre support team as complained by many
- The fan may wobble because of poor installation
From an overall ground, the fan is quite excellent for its aesthetic value in an indoor environment. With the best value for money, a fan like this can serve your purpose very efficiently.
Minka Aire F844-DK, Light Wave 52″ ceiling fan features three koa blades with a distressed body design. The uniqueness in its design moves air through any room with an efficiency of 4531 CFM while at the same time adding sleekness to the living space. The Integrated LED lights are dimmable, producing a soft and visual aesthetics, which frees you from the burden of replacing bulbs.
Features and Benefits:
- Style: Minka Aire Light Wave has an eye-catching unique design and modern styling. It adds sleekness and versatility to any of your living space.
- Dimension: 52” blade design can move the air through any room with ease.
- Lighting: It includes a 16-watt dimmable LED light in white opal glass. This serves your aesthetic purpose and lighting requirement as well.
- Remote Control: Use the remote control to manage the 3-speed cooling and lighting effect of the indoor fan giving you full control.
- Downrod: The product comes with six installation downrod (60, 48, 36, 24, 12 & 3.5″ configurations) to ease your customization needs that complement the height of your ceiling.
- Smart Control: This is a Wi-Fi-compatible fan to be integrated with your home system or via mobile phone using the Bond technology hub BD-1000.
- The Koa finish on the blade is a patent that guarantees the best performance
- During winter, enjoy the heat coming from the warm via the reversible option, and energy-efficient, dimmable LED lights
- Moves a lot of air and is nearly silent
- Some customers do not like the harsh white light coming from the LEDs
- Others complain about being a little noisy motor
From an overall ground, you can use the ceiling fan throughout the year and be able to get that level of comfort you are not likely to find anywhere. Do you want to add more flare to the room? Use the Minka-Aire indoor Ceiling Fan that will leave your guests asking where to find a similar installation.
3) Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50197 Carmel 48″ Contemporary Ceiling Fan with Integrated Light Kit and Remote Control, Five Reversible Cimerron/Ironwood Blades, Bronze
Honeywell builds timeless ceiling fans that can serve you for many years. Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50197 Carmel 48″ Contemporary Ceiling Fan is modern in design with 2 blade finishes (cimmeron and ironwood) which you can use from either side. 5 blades give powerful airflow for large spaces. The 2-position dual mount option enables it to be installed in any standard or angled ceiling. Additionally, you can expect all the good features from this model.
Features and Benefits:
- Recommended Use: This ceiling fan is recommended for indoor usage only. The bedroom, living room, and dining room are suitable places to use this fan.
- Design: 5 powerful blades have two finishes (cimmeron and ironwood), you can use either side. Besides, it has a beautiful frosted case of bowl light that gives 3×40 watt powerful lights.
- Remote Control: You can control your 3 fan speed and brightness of the light from anywhere in the room.
- Reversible Motor: Year-round comfort has never been so easy with the advantage of reversible fan direction in the summer and winter. The installed fan motor is conveniently quiet and has a 3-speed control.
- Installation: The fan can be installed easily with a first-hand try. Medium to large-sized rooms is common areas for installing this fan. Besides, you can install this fan in both standard flat ceilings and angled ceilings through the dual mounting option.
- The fan balancing is amazing with excellent steadiness and quietness
- The assembly process of the fan is quite easy
- LED bulbs and remote batteries are included
- The color combination of remote and fan is slightly ugly
- Sometimes the LED bulbs are not uniformly glowing under the frosted glass
4) Monte Carlo 3MAVR60BK Maverick Energy Star 60” Outdoor Ceiling Fan with Remote Control, 3 Balsa Wood Blades, Black
Monte Carlo 3MAVR60BK Maverick collection is the best in its category. Having an excellent finishing of hand-carved blades, bold style statement, energy efficiency, damp rating, and adjustable downrod, this fan is exclusively suitable for high ceiling rooms. The ceiling mount and downrod feature along with a wet and damp rating make it the best fit for both indoor and outdoor ceilings.
Features and Benefits:
- Dimensions: Its diameter is 60 inches which is suitable for a large high-ceiling room. It includes a 6” downrod which can be exchanged for a higher ceiling if you desire.
- Fan Blades: 3 outdoor wet-rated fan blades with soft hand-carved balsa wood that maximizes the airflow.
- Remote Control: The fan has a reversible function to be adjusted in weather conditions which can also be controlled by the 6-speed hand-held remote.
- Energy Efficient: The quiet DC motor offers 50% energy savings while performing at its best.
- Installation: The fan is usually suitable for flat ceilings with the included hardware. It can also be installed on a sloped ceiling up to 15 degrees.
- Look and Feel: The design of the ceiling fan is highly suitable for traditional and modern ceilings. With a sleek silhouette and hand-carved blades, the fan is beautiful, strong, and well built.
- Stylish and suitable for bedroom, living room, and dining room
- Excellent airflow sometimes blows the air of the surrounding room
- Quiet with energy-efficient DC motor
- The fan cannot be integrated with smart devices like Siri/Alexa
- Sometimes the fan shakes and makes a ticking sound due to improper installation
From an overall ground, the fan is a value for money with its gentle breeze airflow. It has different dimensional options in terms of diameter and downrod which is essential in many cases.
5) 7PM Vintage Caged Ceiling Fan with Lights Remote Control, 42 Inch Industrial Black Retractable Ceiling Fan, E26 Base, 6 Wind Speeds, Reversible Blades, Low Profile Ceiling Fan with Lights for Bedroom
7PM Vintage Caged Ceiling Fan is a piece of art decoration for your home. 7PM is such a company that is serving more than 2 decades thousands of families and businesses with its fabulous chandeliers and fandeliers. This fan is made of metal acrylic and has a matte black metal motor housing. You can control the fan with an industrial remote which is unusual in other fan models. The silent reversible motor with 6-speed wind makes the fan a masterpiece.
Features and Benefits:
- Design: With a satisfaction guarantee, the fan is designed by keeping the aesthetic value in mind. The color combination and build quality are things to appreciate.
- Applicable Places: The fan is perfect for counter kitchen island, dining room, living room, cafe, restaurant, bedroom, office, etc.
- Retractable Ceiling Fan and Invisible Blades: The acrylic ceiling fan blades are retractable and durable. The blades are folded when not in operation with a 20 inches diameter. When unfolded, it becomes 42 inches. This folding unfolding mechanism is amazing to look at.
- Multi-Function Remote Control: 6 fan speeds are specified for soft wind, neutral wind, and high wind. The silent motor is excellent to keep your baby sleep without any noise. Forward rotation, reverse rotation, and definite time; all these features can be controlled from the high-sensitivity remote, or, wall control.
- Light Bulbs: It supports 5 pieces of E26 (up to 60W) bulbs. These bulbs are not dimmable and are not included with the fan.
- Reversible Blades: With a 6-level wind speed, you can set the fan to cool you for summer. On the other hand, you can reverse the direction of the fan in the winter to circulate warm indoor air.
- A very unique industrial look that will amaze you by heart
- The customer service is quick
- It offers a 30-day replacement or returns service if you are not satisfied
- The remote beeps very often and there is no instruction on how to set it up
- Light bulbs are not included with the fan and have to be purchased separately
This is the only fandelier in this review. This fan is such a masterpiece with a classy look that it attracts your inner peace. It is a great space saver and can be used for heavy-duty operations.
6) Honeywell Ceiling Fans Honeywell 50608-01 Xerxes Ceiling Fan with Remote Control, 62″ Blades, Brushed Nickel
Honeywell 50608-01 Xerxes ceiling fan is perfect for any large indoor space. This contemporary and traditional ceiling fan is suitable for many styles. It offers two blade finishes, one of which you can use from any side. With a dual mounting option for downrod and angled ceilings, the fan also offers a reversible motor for year-round comfort.
Features and Benefits:
- Fan for Big Spaces: The 62” blade span, 8 blades, and dual mount compatibility make them highly suitable for large high ceiling spaces. The dual-finish fan blades give this fan a very rich and wholesome allure.
- Integrated LED: The 18-watts LED is enough to light up a room. Besides, it has a dimmable feature to adjust your needs.
- Remote Control: The universal remote-control feature and the wall dock feature make it more interesting. It has 3-speed settings, easy installation, and batteries included. Options for compatible with Google Home and Alexa with a Bond Home.
- Quiet Motor: The reversible feature allows to change the direction of the fan when required. The 3-speed power motor is very convenient to perform.
- Dual-mount compatible: It has the option for handing the fan in an angled ceiling (angle bracket sold separately), or in a standard ceiling with the given 4” downrod.
- Position: The fan is intended for indoor use only.
- Easy to install with an additionally purchased downrod to adjust the height of the ceiling
- Firm industrial look and suitable for heavy use
- Super airflow that cools your room on hot summer days
- If you are not professional, do not try to install it for the first time
- The fan has no wet or damp rating – indoor use only
The amazing feature of this fan is its big size, timeless look, adequate airflow, and superior quality. You can highly rely on this Honeywell fan for using it years ahead.
7) Hunter Cassius Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan with Pull Chain Control, 52″, Matte Black
Hunter Cassius indoor/outdoor ceiling fan is flawless in its design that will fill your interior with inspired aesthetics. The special mounting system comes with the option to mount the fan on standard, low, and angled ceilings. The 13-degree angled blades ensure the ideal airflow and peak performance. The fan is also suitable for 9 feet or greater ceiling along with the reversible fan option for comfort around the year.
Features and Benefits:
- Placement: The fan is suitable for both indoor and covered outdoor spaces. Unconditionally, it can be used for the living room, bedroom, patios, garage, etc. 5” and 3” downrod options ensure the proper distance between the ceiling fan and the floor.
- Design: The fan gives an industrial vibe along with a matte black color that fits in any interior space.
- Dimension: 52 x 52 x 11-inch dimension ensures the perfect airflow for medium to large rooms including your garage.
- Reversible Fan Motor: The whisper wind motor is excellent in performance for delivering the airflow without noise. The motor also allows to reverse the fan in the winter and ensures year-round comfort.
- Pull Chain Control: The fan comes with the traditional pull chain control to on/off and adjusts the speed quickly.
- The fan is much quiet and minimalistic in design to suit your interior space
- Functionally it is great with the best airflow and wind
- Value for money is quite strong
- A few customers complain about the usual noise that a fan makes
- Sometimes, you may find the airflow is low due to improper installation
From an overall ground, the fan is highly suitable for any low-used/irregular spaces of your home like dining room, garages, patios, lobby spaces, etc. You can also use the fan in indoor regular spaces if you are looking for value for money.
Why Trust The Home Impro?
As a buyer, you must ensure that the money you spend is commensurate with the defining features of a particular product. The thought of owning a home appliance is a good idea if you intend to enhance the aesthetic value of your home deck.
So, we the experts at The Home Impro team scoured the internet and evaluated all the above products in the market. We have brought up some of the characteristics and honest reviews, and we hope that should guide you for the right purchase.
For all the decades, a ceiling fan for the dining room is still worth it if you are looking for a combination of both comfort and power cost efficiency. Buying a ceiling fan from a lot of models can be overwhelming but this is where we are here to guide you properly.
If you are determined for an excellent aesthetic appeal and airflow, you can choose from any of the following: Hunter Bennett Indoor Ceiling Fan, or, Minka Aire F844-DK, Light Wave 52″ ceiling fan, or, 7PM Vintage Caged Ceiling Fan. The 7PM fan model is the only fandelier in this review. If you are into this type of fan, this can be a great choice for you.
Honeywell Ceiling Fans 50197 Carmel 48″ Contemporary Ceiling Fan, Monte Carlo 3MAVR60BK Maverick collection, and Hunter Cassius indoor/outdoor ceiling fan have high built quality and are intended for heavy usage. Whereas, Honeywell 50608-01 Xerxes ceiling fan is perfect for any large indoor space.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) Is it weird to have a ceiling fan in the dining room?
No, having a ceiling fan in the dining room is not weird if you’re looking for a budget-friendly temperature control mechanism. If you want beauty, you can also use modern fandeliers instead.
2) Can you replace a chandelier with a ceiling fan?
Yes, if you need a budget-friendly ceiling fan with a classical look and feel, you can change the chandelier fan in the dining room and use it in the living room or small spaces. A traditional ceiling fan is relatively efficient in meeting your comfort needs.
As a home improvement enthusiast, choosing the best ceiling fan for dining room is a matter of amusement because of its high aesthetic value and performance. We review all the above fan models by keeping your needs and budget constraints in our mind. There are a lot of beautiful fans that will satisfy your home decor needs. You can either choose a classic fan model or a fandelier model, whereas both serve a great purpose for your dining room.