Isn’t it difficult to work on hot summer days? What if you are working heady duty like fixing your car or cleaning it in the garage? If you are not comfortable with yourself, then it is difficult to do any work properly. The best ceiling fan for garage can comfort you while working.
When the garage is ready for any interior design, you have to decide on the heating and temperature control. One of the most cost-efficient ways is to install a ceiling fan for the garage. We have picked up a few ceiling fans that you will enjoy while working in the garage.
- Hunter Cassius Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan with Pull Chain Control, 52″, Matte Black
- Westinghouse Lighting Westinghouse 7861400 Industrial 56-Inch Three Indoor Ceiling Fan, Brushed Nickel Steel Blades
- Prominence Home 50345-01 Auletta Outdoor Ceiling Fan, 52” ETL Damp Rated 4 Blades, LED Frosted Contemporary Light Fixture, Matte Black
- Hunter Dempsey Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan with LED Light and Remote Control, 52″, Blac
- Minka-Aire F896-65-BNW Xtreme H2O 65 Inch Outdoor Ceiling Fan with DC Motor in Brushed Nickel Wet Finish
- Air King 9718 18-Inch Industrial Grade Ceiling Mount Fan, Black
It is essential to choose the best ceiling fan for a garage, otherwise, you will end up buying a fan that will not serve your purpose. The garage ceiling height is a bit lower mostly and it might need a few more adjustments.
- Mounting System: Ceiling fans must have proper mounting positions. The garage might require a different mounting system than usual.
- Installing Location: Consider if you need a ceiling fan for the pouch or patios for the outdoors, or if you need an indoor fan placement. The location matters because the outdoor ceiling fan can withstand a wet and damp environment.
- Room Dimensions: When choosing the indoor ceiling fan size, consider the room size. Check our room size and the dimension guide of the fan you can use.
- Height of the Ceiling: The height is significant when deciding on the height of the downrod piece. You need at least seven feet of distance between the floor and your ceiling. The ceiling-floor distance also determines the length you need for the downrod when mounting the ceiling fan.
- Type of Control: Check whether the ceiling fan you want to buy has a pull chain model, remote controls, smartphones, and voice prompt. Depending on your budget, get a fan with the type of control that favors you.
- Number of Blades: Good air circulation requires that you go for the number of blades with a proper design. The angled positioning and the number of blades are what separate a noisy indoor ceiling fan from a quiet one.
Best Ceiling Fan For Garage Review and Comparison
Hunter Cassius indoor/outdoor ceiling fan is flawless in its design that will fill your interior with inspired aesthetics. The special mounting system comes with the option to mount the fan on standard, low, and angled ceilings. The 13-degree angled blades ensure the ideal airflow and peak performance. The fan is also suitable for 9 feet or greater ceiling along with the reversible fan option for comfort around the year.
Features and Benefits:
- Placement: The fan is suitable for both indoor and covered outdoor spaces. Unconditionally, it can be used for the living room, bedroom, patios, garage, etc. 5” and 3” downrod options ensure the proper distance between the ceiling fan and the floor.
- Design: The fan gives an industrial vibe along with a matte black color that fits in any interior space.
- Dimension: 52 x 52 x 11-inch dimension ensures the perfect airflow for medium to large rooms including your garage.
- Reversible Fan Motor: The whisper wind motor is excellent in performance for delivering the airflow without noise. The motor also allows to reverse the fan in the winter and ensures year-round comfort.
- Pull Chain Control: The fan comes with the traditional pull chain control to on/off and adjusts the speed quickly.
- The fan is much quiet and minimalistic in design to suit your interior space
- Functionally it is great with the best airflow and wind
- Value for money is quite strong
- A few customers complain about the usual noise that a fan makes
- Sometimes, you may find the airflow is low due to improper installation
From an overall ground, the fan is highly suitable for any low-used/irregular spaces of your home like garages, patios, lobby spaces, etc. You can also use the fan in indoor regular spaces if you are looking for value for money.
2) Westinghouse Lighting Westinghouse 7861400 Industrial 56-Inch Three Indoor Ceiling Fan, Brushed Nickel Steel Blades
Westinghouse lighting industrial 56-inch ceiling fan is a highly durable fan for heavy industrial, commercial, and residential applications. The fan is recognized for heavy use and is exceptionally good at cooling larger work and living spaces, such as workshops, high-ceiling great rooms, two-story entryways, etc. This fan is suitable for those who want a heavy-duty fan at a lower price point.
Features and Benefits:
- Intended use: This indoor 52-inch fan is ideal for great rooms up to 400 square feet. For any kind of heavy-duty, the fan is ideal. The fan is intended to be used at least 10 feet above the floor.
- Steel Blade: It includes brushed nickel steel blades which makes it strong enough to run long hours.
- Motor Performance: High-quality motor that delivers powerful airflow and quiet performance.
- Wall Control: the fan includes a five-speed wall control which is easy to operate.
- Moves a lot of air and is quiet in nature
- The price is very convenient and worth value for the money
- The fan is highly suitable for high ceilings
- The fan does not include reversible technology
3) Prominence Home 50345-01 Auletta Outdoor Ceiling Fan, 52” ETL Damp Rated 4 Blades, LED Frosted Contemporary Light Fixture, Matte Black
Prominence Home 50345-01 Auletta Outdoor Ceiling Fan is exclusively recommended for outdoor spaces. It includes all the traditional and moderate features that a ceiling fan can have. The two-position dual mounting option, damp rated feature, pull chain extended, integrated light bulb – all these make the fan a special one. The fan is eye soothing to make your outdoor experience outstanding.
Features and Benefits:
- Intended Use: The fan is a special addition to your outdoor spaces. The matte black body and 4 waterproof fan blades add a promising character to your favorite space. Indoor use is recommended for long years of life.
- Design: A fan with contemporary style and extended features. This fan is so trendy that it is perfect for your covered patios, porches, and garage spaces.
- Damp Rating: The damp-rated feature enables the fan to use both indoor and covered outdoor spaces. But be cautious about not using the fan directly in the rain.
- Frosted LED Light: LED integrated globe with frosted glass makes the fan incredible to use as a primary light source. The 8.5 watts light is also dimmable and perfect to power up an outdoor space.
- Quiet Motor: The fan includes a reversible 3-speed powerful motor. For hot sunny weather and cold airflow, you can change the direction of the fan in any weather. The fan is quiet enough to give you a sound sleep.
- Several Mounting Options: either you have a regular ceiling or a vaulted ceiling, you can use the downrod with standard, angle mounted, and close mounted ceilings.
- The blade balance is excellent in its performance and keeps you busy watching them
- The motor is extremely quiet along with outstanding quality
- The fan is easy to install and you can do it by yourself
- The customer service is not quite supportive sometimes.
- A few customers complain about the globe glass cover falling off suddenly, but that is due to poor installation
A fan like the Prominence Auletta Outdoor ceiling fan is quite uncommon with its performance in the category. For any covered indoor space like patio, porches, and garages, where the weather is a little wet, you can use this fan without any doubt.
Hunter Dempsey Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan, the brand itself is prominent for more than a century. This 3-speed low-profile fan is suitable for both indoor and outdoor spaces. The beautiful and clean finish along with angled fan blades ensures flawless airflow. The high-efficient LED bulb gives you full control through pull chain technology.
Features and Benefits:
- Design: The fan includes a contemporary design that comes with LED light covered with cased white glass. For any current and inspired interior design, the fan can be your first choice.
- Dimension: 52 x 52 x 13.63-inch dimension ensures the perfect airflow for medium to large rooms including your garage.
- Reversible Fan Motor: The whisper wind motor is excellent in performance for delivering the airflow without noise. The motor also allows the fan in the winter to be reversed and ensures year-round comfort.
- Universal Remote Control: The fan comes with a handheld remote to adjust the brightness of the light from anywhere in the room.
- Placement: The fan is suitable for both indoor and covered outdoor spaces. Unconditionally, it can be used for the living room, bedroom, patios, garage, etc. 2” and 3” downrod options ensure the proper distance between the ceiling fan and the floor.
- The fan comes with white and black color options
- Easy to install that you can try yourself if you have some prior knowledge
- The fan functions well with quiet technology
- Sometimes the light flickers constantly due to a loose connection
- A few customers complain about the regular sound a fan makes
5) Minka-Aire F896-65-BNW Xtreme H2O 65 Inch Outdoor Ceiling Fan with DC Motor in Brushed Nickel Wet Finish
Minka-Aire F896-65-BNW Xtreme H2O Outdoor Ceiling Fan has a look and style that redefines your space in a whole new dimension. This 65-inch fan comes with finishes so good that you will be looking at it and your guest will keep asking to get one for them. It is intended to be used in large spaces and comes with a lot of optional downrod options. Wet rating and elegant remote control make it excellent in its choice.
Features and Benefits:
- Design: The fan includes a slim look with a contemporary style. With 8 silver blades, the fan is highly suitable for any large space. The blades fit all weather and the housing is designed keeping aesthetics in mind.
- Fittings: It comes with a 6″ downrod that fits with the standard mounting. The conveniently quiet DC motor has a good built-in feature.
- Dimension: The diameter is 65 inches, and with the 6-inch downrod, the fan measures 13.5 inches from the ceiling to the bottom of the fan.
- Remote Control: The remote has several functions that are available on other remotes rarely. It has an LED light on/off option, 6-speed control, power on/off feature, fan reversible option, etc.
- Wi-Fi Control: To enable it to be used with Amazon Alexa or Google Home, it requires a Bond BD-1000 hub to be purchased separately. This is a smart WiFi ceiling fan control technology.
- The fan is highly efficient in giving heavy airflow which enables it to be used in large spaces
- The customer service by Minka Air is excellent
- Very quiet, large, and powerful
- The installation is not suited for all the new users. Use a professional service if required.
- The price is high for a few customers segments
Air King 9718 18-Inch Industrial Grade Ceiling Mount Fan is ideal for any industrial space that needs high-velocity air circulation. It has 3-powerful speeds that enable the fan to flow the air in large spaces. It can easily be attached to a beam or ceiling, and the fan is quite strong due to the powder-coated steel construction for the blades and the cage. It is the only fan in this review that is small in size but serves the purpose of powerful airflow in any regard.
Features and Benefits:
- Placement: The fan is perfect to cool and circulate air in large spaces like warehouses, markets, restaurants, gyms, and garages.
- High Built-in Quality: The 18-inch ceiling fan is ideal for any large space and heavy duty as it is constructed of powder-coated steel. The fan is quite long-lasting and durable in spite of having a high velocity (8780 CFM).
- Motor Performance: It includes a permanently lubricated motor that has ⅙th horsepower.
- Pull Cord Control: It can easily be controlled by the pull cord switch located on the back of the fan. 3 powerful speeds are given to adjust to your needs.
- Built-In Handle: The top handle of the fan is used to mount the fan at any convenient location and tilt the fan in any direction required.
- Top air quality and runs like new over the years
- Excellent performance with high-velocity airflow – perfect for any densely populated space
- It works as an exhaust fan to keep the temperature cool in a confined space
- The fan can vibrate sometimes due to high usage
- Noisy fan due to high speed
- It is not wet rated
We have mentioned where the fan is highly suitable. You can use it indoors as primary or extra support. Also, this is perfect for covered spaces where you require heating and temperature control, like a garage or store room.
Why Trust The Home Impro?
As a buyer, you must ensure that the money you spend is commensurate with the defining features of a particular product. The thought of owning a home appliance is a good idea if you intend to enhance the aesthetic value of your home deck.
So, we the experts at The Home Impro team scoured the internet and evaluated all the above products in the market. We have brought up some of the characteristics and honest reviews, and we hope that should guide you for the right purchase.
When choosing the ceiling fan for the garage, you just have to give one important attention additionally – the fan is fit enough to withstand the weather and a lot of dust. Depending on the room layout, power consumption, and cost; you can choose any of the fans listed above. We will guide you to buy the one best that suits you.
For a standard size garage, if you need only the fan support, then you can choose from Hunter Cassius indoor/outdoor ceiling fan or Westinghouse lighting industrial 56-inch ceiling fan. If you need both the fan and light support, then Prominence Home 50345-01 Auletta Outdoor Ceiling Fan or Hunter Dempsey Indoor / Outdoor Ceiling Fan can be a good option.
Minka-Aire F896-65-BNW Xtreme H2O Outdoor Ceiling Fan is truly intended to be used in a very large size garage. Air King 9718 18-Inch Industrial Grade Ceiling Mount Fan can also be used in large garages but the advantage is that it is small in size with high velocity.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1) Should you put a ceiling fan in the garage?
Yes, you should use a ceiling fan in the garage if you want to improve the air quality and temperature state. This fan will help your garage temperature to cool down by at least 20 degrees.
2) Will a fan reduce humidity in the garage?
Yes, using a ceiling fan in the garage will reduce the moisture by air circulation. A few fan models are such that they work like an exhaust fan.
3) How do you vent a garage with no windows?
You can use a large door that will provide fresh natural air, use powerful ceiling fan for the garage, or a portable air conditioner when you work there.
Choosing the best ceiling fan for garage is not that difficult because nowadays there are a lot of fan models that are specially made for the garage. As mentioned previously, always check for a few things: if the fan is capable of standing with the weather and dust, if the fan has a good built quality to be durable in the long run, and if the fan is fairly good value for money. We have tried to review the best fans that meet all the above conditions from different perspectives. We hope that serves your purpose.