If you didn’t enter the kitchen before, the mixing term will be a little bit tougher for you to understand and master it. Furthermore, one slight slip-up in the mixing procedure may vaporize your all drops of sweat in no while.
For now, you would better keep the tension of buying a hand mixer or stand mixer aside. First of all, try to overcome your ingredient mixture-ratio confusion. Because if you are terrible in this term, all types of mixers may help you knead or whisk your preparation but you will find nobody to taste your gastronomy at the end of the day.
Now, if you are ready to employ your artistry, make sure what type of preparation you are going to prepare: different kinds of batters, dough, etc. and ingredient ratio which is a must.
For all types of mixtures, you can use your inborn mixer, HANDS (🤚🏻).
Yes, I am not kidding!
For batters, you can use a wooden spoon, whisk to whisk the preparation without using your hands, though you can.
But if you are kneading dough, you can use your sturdy hands thoroughly for better preparation. Just follow these steps:
- The very first thing is to clean both of your hands very properly before any kind of meal making.
- Take a perfect-sized bowl to play with the flour, eggs, chocolate, etc.
- Incorporate all of the ingredients in the bowl by following targeted manual/thought.
- Stir and combine all of the ingredients with your hands. Never afraid of wearing awesome sticky flour gloves on your hands because gluten hasn’t forged yet.
- Once you have the sticky dough incorporated, next, you have to amplify the gluten by taking the dough out of the bowl and thrust it on a flour-dusted surface.
- Stimulate your energy to sway steadily and start kneading the dough to generate more gluten all over the dough. You have to add some flour to remove the stickiness from the dough.
- To make sure how you are successful in the gluten-developing task, pick up a little fleck of the dough and flatten it with your palm. Grasping two sides of the fleck with the two hands, draw it out from 10-15cm. if you find no hole in the fleck, then you are done.
- Put the dough aside and let ferment.
What Can You Use if You Don’t Have a Kitchen Mixer?
If you don’t have any hand mixer or stand mixer, you can use your own hands for all kinds of preparations. Think of thousands of years before, when people were not blessed with the muse of any modern utensils. Didn’t they prepare some awesome recipes with the help of their hands only?
Even still now, the earth has many regions where electricity hasn’t reached yet let alone electronic equipment. They are deprived of electricity but not of some delicious tidbits.
So, if you are blessed with two strong hands and have the recipe manual in front of you, just start whisking, beating, kneading, whipping, etc. with the required ingredients. Preparation will be prepared with the gesture of your hand.
Not yet satisfied!? Right?
- For the dough, you will need a flat board to knead the dough for generating gluten into the dough.
- Keep plastic dough scraper. That will help you move the dough at the time of kneading.
- A strong wooden spoon will help stir the sticky preparation at the very initial stage of the mixture.
- A whisk can be used for fluid and batter mixture.
Will Mixing and Whisking Everything by Hand Affect My Recipes?
You love baking, but you can’t afford to buy a mixer.
What to do? Should you just stop baking at all?
I will ask you two questions.
“How the various kinds of electronic mixers were invented?”,
“Where did the ergonomists find the clue to inventing this stuff?”
Obviously, from our hands, the very ancient machines. So, why can’t we use them for the same purpose?
What do the electronic mixers do? They only relieve us of pressuring hands excessively. Otherwise, they only do the same as our hands do. But your hands have to have the real power of alchemy.
But a tiny little mistake can ruin the whole delicacy; no matter whether you mix the preparation with the mixer or hands.
As we said before, if you maintain the proper ratio of the recipe; fill the ingredients with gluten by kneading or beating, then there is nothing to spoil your recipe. No matter how you prepare it-by hands or the mixer.
Prepare Different Recipes Without a Mixer
Make Cookies Without a Mixer
There are lots of cookie recipes on the kitchen manual. Are you sure which one you are going to follow? Let’s start:
- Throughout the process, you will need three utensils: whisk, spatula, scoop.
- Put the ingredients one by one following the manual.
- Use the whisk to whip the mixture.
- Remember: follow the manual exactly; follow the time mentioned there; add the ingredients exactly the same way as they demonstrate.
- When it becomes a little bit tougher for the whisk to beat the ingredients, use the spatula.
- When all things are done as per the manual’s indication, it is time for the scoop to do the next step.
- Scoop as many scoops you can from the concentrated ingredients and put them on the oven tray.
- Bake them in the oven.
Cream Butter and Sugar Without a Mixer
Well, let’s see the demonstrations:
- You will need to use the back of the wooden spoon.
- If your butter is refrigerated, take it out from the fridge at least 5-6 hours before mixing.
- Put the sugar and butter into a bowl.
- With the help of the spoon, stroke the butter first until it becomes creamy.
- Beat them thoroughly until they mix perfectly.
- At last, the mixture will give off a fluffy texture.
- So, the work is done.
Mash Potatoes Without a Mixer
Mashing potatoes is a difficult task and it will also need a lot of patience to get the job done. If you don’t have any mixer or potato masher, it will take a little longer.
- You need only one instrument to do the task and that is a heavy wooden scoop-type spoon.
- After peeling and boiling the potatoes, drain the remaining water. Place the small quantity into a bowl. Whip them thoroughly with the heavy wooden spoon.
- Take your time and do it patiently. Remember, haste makes waste.
In the name of using the very old and in-built method of mixing technology, you have taken a lot of hassle. To take these lots of hassles away, scientists show the right path of utilizing our valuable time properly.
The most important thing is that the mixers are like blessings for those who are beset with severe joint pain. But at the same time, using hands for preparing recipes brings about no hazard on the final product.
We have to say that electronic mixers are very useful for the modern world. Nowadays, we don’t have enough time to spend a large portion of it in the kitchen. Use your mixer properly so that it will be very beneficial for it to serve you well.