Since the washer-cum-dryer are always in touch with detergent or any other washing materials, it doesn’t require any deep sanitization. Rather you can give it a thorough wash once or twice a year.
If you are seriously chemo-phobic, afraid of giving the machine any chemotherapy (chemical wash) by any of chemical cleaners, follow some natural ways to clean your washer. We will guide you with the below-mentioned steps to give your washer and dryer an awesome wash:
- One cup of baking soda
- Four cups of vinegar
- Pour the solution into the washer
- Turn the washer on at the hottest, largest, and longest setting
- When the tub gets full of water, stop the cycle for an hour
How to Sanitize and Disinfect a Washer and Dryer?
Now, you have to make another solution for the other parts:
- The amount of baking soda will be half of the vinegar.
- That means baking soda 1% : vinegar 2%. Prepare the solution for how much you need following the ratio.
- Use a toothbrush, sponge, or towel as per the parts.
- Wash the lid, dispenser, display, everything with the solution. Be very careful not to wet the electronic parts.
- But wash the lint trap with a soapy-warm water solution with a toothbrush.
- And if your dryer is a separate one, then use the baking soda and vinegar solution with a soaked towel or microfiber cloth.
- After that, wash the inside of the washer that is still filled with water.
- Remove all the gunk that you come to see.
- Finally, turn the cycle back on. Let it finish the whole cycle.
- If you see any stain still now, clean it with the latter solution.
Hopefully, that will give your washer as well as dryer a better look. At the same time washing, cleaning, and taking extra care of the electronic devices will help them live longer.